03 July, 2010

Foul Temptress

I think I will take this opportunity to fill you on a few little nuggets concerning the fam.  Dad asked me to do a 5K with him in October.  Of course I said yes, because I think it will be fun and it's nice to see him super pumped about it.  But then I quickly remembered that I will probably be less than 6 weeks post-partum from my daughter.  So that should be interesting!  I definitely will be holding on to a stroller, just in case my body decides to give out.  But seriously, how hard could it be?  Don't answer that...

Anyways, I figure I'd better come up with a plan to at least keep my endurance up while I'm knocked up.  I don't want to have to start from scratch, like I did with Milo.  I have yet to come up with any good ideas, but hopefully something will come to me very soon; otherwise I'll be screwwwwwed.  

I am quietly marching into my 28th week of pregnancy.  If I didn't sweat buckets every time I even thought about heading outside, I might be enjoying myself more.  Although this pregnancy is going much more smoothly than with Milo.  I think by this point I had gained 20 pounds and wasn't slowing down!  Dear Lord, let's never do that again.  I have found that food journaling is my saving grace.  If I think about something really bad for me, I think about having to write it down.  Usually that deters me.  But not today.  No, today we celebrated the Fourth o' July (yes, a day early) and I'm pretty sure I ate roughly 1800 calories for DINNER.  I'm not even kidding.  The good thing is, I don't do that every day.  Plus, it's a holiday!  What was I to do, say no to the giant cookie cake sitting in front of me?  I think not!

The good thing is, there is always tomorrow.  Another day to try and not completely screw up everything I've worked towards.  Whether I make it or not, is completely up to me.  But most likely if I fail, I'm going to blame it on the cookie cake.  



1 comment:

  1. you can't control anything during pregnancy...including weight. eat away, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Show me some love via comment.

Hated this post? Well, I guess that's your choice. But I still like you.