20 July, 2010

Uh Oh

Oy, did I completely forget how I felt towards the end of pregnancy or what!  With all the jumping around and excitement at the beginning, I let it slip my mind about how uncomfortable I would once again be.  Let's go over the current issues:


-I can't sit cross-legged or bend my arms for too long or they go numb. 
-I can't properly bend over, even when sitting down, without knocking the wind out of myself.
-I sleep at least 10 hours at night, and feel drowsy all day.  If my schedule permitted, I could easily sleep 2-4 hours every afternoon.  Milo would never approve, though.
-I have an insatiable thirst/dry mouth that refuses to relent.  For health reasons, I have to keep count of my water intake each day.  I drink 80-96 ounces of water a day, and nothing seems to help.  Which leads me to my next point...
-I have to pee all the time.  The bathroom should just have a revolving door on it.  


That's it for now.  I'm hoping that my body can just say 'no' to preeclampsia this time around.  I was looking at a photo, taken just hours before Milo joined us.
















It's completely okay to be in shock.  I know I was, hence the super sad face.  Just look at that mass sitting so uncomfortably in the chair.  I had pitting edema up to my arms, I could barely see my eyes were so swollen, and my blood pressure was through the roof.  


All in all, I should rejoice that my body has let me carry another baby, even with all the troubles that have risen out of these past seven months.  I could have easily lost it yet again, making a track record of 1/4.  But I didn't.  This baby is meant to be here with me, Justin and Milo and by golly, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it healthy and safe inside my very tired body.


Well enough with that.  I don't write in here to bring people down.  But I just like to remind myself that while Milo (and probably Goose too) can be a pain, it's so worth it to have him here to hold and squeeze.
















Even with oodles of noodles in his hair, high chair, diaper, and most importantly my carpet, I still can't help but love on his lovely (but most certainly rotten) self!

3 comments:

  1. Bridget I hope this delivery goes smoother than Milo's! You can do it, you're soooo close! She is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ing! We're just hoping that I NEVER have a repeat of the weird adventure that was Milo. That was just a little too terrifying for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do this! seriously, you're almost there. why do we do these things to ourselves? ha.

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Show me some love via comment.

Hated this post? Well, I guess that's your choice. But I still like you.