01 May, 2011

Me and Mary Helen [+3]

Mary Helen called me before church today and invited me to lunch with her and Bart.  We hit up Applebee's (not my neighborhood bar and grill, but it is MH's).  The hour or so went something like this:


-Feed Lucca a bite.  
-Tell Milo not to put his mouth on the pepper shaker.
-Feed Lucca a bite.  
-Wipe Milo's runny nose.
-Feed Lucca a bite.  
-Remind Milo to sit down and not pester the table behind us.
-Repeat.


They do get better at restaurants, right?...  Right?  Please say yes.






















Here she is... Miss America... Mary Helen Boggs.  Ain't she a beaut?!  I should have gotten Bart in the photo too, but this isn't about Bart, now is it?  It's about me and Mary Helen and how awesome we are.


Side note:  Milo called Bart "grandpa".  They were pretty cute together, munching on french fries and discussing boy things.  Well, they might have had discussions if Milo wasn't (God love him) so stinkin' ADD.  


All in all it was a good visit.  I'm glad I got to see my friend and talk, even if it was constantly interrupted by the needs of the juniors.  Soon enough J will be home and maybe, just maybe, MH and I can have a meal that does include waxy crayons and chicken fingers.  Actually, there can be chicken fingers.  I don't care who you are, you can't ignore the joy found in a piping hot, unidentifiable chicken part, breaded and fried to a golden brown.  


I'm headed to Kansas for a spell, so the next you hear from me will be after my half marathon on the 15th.  Prepare your hearts for some nasty photos of me sweating, and probably crying.   

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO COME TO KANSAS!!!!!

    That was me being excited, if you couldn't tell.

    I'm even more excited about our run together. Betchyer bottom dollar I'ma be bring my camera on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Show me some love via comment.

Hated this post? Well, I guess that's your choice. But I still like you.