04 August, 2011

Perks of the Job

While it sucks not having J around, at least we get invited to deployed family events where they feed and entertain your children.  Who doesn't like pulled pork sandwiches and pony rides?  Terrorists, that's who.




















Milo and his horse Mindy.  The whole time they were riding all I could think of was Mork & Mindy.  Clearly I chose the wrong name for my son. 

















You might notice between these two photos a wardrobe change.  Let's just say Milo was totally making out with his Sno-Cone.  He loved it, but it did not love him back.





















The train was by far the best part of the night.  We got to ride it a couple of times, and the last time on I looked over at Milo and said, "Are you having fun?"  He had this HUGE smile on his face and said, "Yes."  I'm dead serious- a yes with a hard stop and not an exclamation point.  It was uber presh.  My cup totally runneth over.


Oh, please note Milo's "car key".  Apparently he must bring it everywhere now.  Super.


And what's not to love about the face Luie is making?  The little wisps she calls hair were flappin' in the wind and she had a padded seat to chew on.  It was her own personal heaven.



The last photo before we staggered to the car.  Nothing like two exhausted juniors to make bed time all the easier.  As we were praying last night, when I came to the part where I thanked God for all the fun we had at the picnic, I looked up to see a little smirk crawl across his tiny little face.



Tune in next week, where I will share the pros and cons of a live-in doppelganger. 

2 comments:

  1. so cute! love the pictures...love the way you write. your kids will love that you documented these memories. i bet daddy misses you guys! i hope you're okay. when does he come home?

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Show me some love via comment.

Hated this post? Well, I guess that's your choice. But I still like you.